The last time I found myself in France I was a broke student with literally not a cent to my name. Needless to say, my dreams of spending leisurely days exploring old villas and relaxing in luxuriously textured rooms at night were not to be had. But if they were, that lovely place would have included all things understated, elegant, and serene.
I love to travel, but I rarely sleep anywhere as well as I do in my own bed which I think is due to the overly sterile and impersonal vibe of so many hotels. My dream escape would include an overall muted, nature- inspired palette to invite relaxation, but also layers of textures and interesting natural patinas to provide warmth, interest, and a bit of homey-ness.
• 1. Dream Escape collage
• 2. Anthropologie's Italian Campaign Canopy Bed
• 3. Ballard Design's Louisa Bergere Ottoman
• 4. West Elm's Kite Kilim Rug
• 5. k studio's Family of 4 + Cat and Dog Pillow
• 6. Mothology's Small Oval Rustic Recycled Wood Mirror
• 7. Restoration Hardware's Vintage-Washed Belgian Linen Stripe Bedding
• 8. Mothology's Loft Style Train Trestle Rusted Black End Table
• 9. Anthropologie's Ordinal Dresser
• 10. cb2's L_MP floor lamp
• 11. West Elm's Long Hanging Capiz Pendant Lamp
• 12. The Water Monopoly's Porthole bath
• 13. Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams' Gloria chair