If one of your goals in the summer months is to teach your child how to ride a bike, we've rounded up some options and advice from our own archives and around the blogosphere.
• Training Wheels, Balance Bike, or Gyrobike?: This is a great article from Babble that will explain the basics of what's out there along with a strategy for teaching.
• DIY Balance Bike: We recently posted about this idea, which is really how the first "balance bike" idea was birthed. Lower the seat and take off the pedals and voila- instant balance bike.
• The Float from Trek is a great option because you don't need to buy a separate balance bike- just remove the crank- it's made especially with this idea in mind.
• Strider Running Bike is a fairly affordable and popular option.
• The Wishbone Running Bike isn't cheap but it does grow with your child giving it an extended life.
• GrowBike Another interesting option that is actually a few bikes in one.
• Skuut Balance Bike: Another really popular one with mostly good reviews.
• Smart Gear Wooden Balance Bike: This one's available at Target.
Whichever direction you choose, there are definitely a lot more out there than when we were growing up!