Leather chairs and sofas are often associated with the Ralph Lauren-esque faux pioneer lodge look. Think big, overstuffed and masculine. Alternatively, one may think of a cheesy 1980s bachelor pad where a sleek leather sofa is paired with a metal and glass coffee table and an oversized vase or two. But think again.
Here are some examples of leather at its best: soft golden brown leather chairs and couches. Some are weathered and informal and others stylish and tailored. But they are all gorgeous.
1. I want this more than one should ever want a sofa. Gorgeous leather settee found on Rex Kelly
2. A weathered oversized leather armchair in a farmhouse in Spain. 79 Ideas.
3. Here, leather looks more polished and tailored in the form of a tidy little leather settee with metal legs. Photographed by Teri Lyn Fisher and found in Desire to Inspire.
4. Honey colored leather Wassily chair from Desire to Inspire.
5. Groovy leather desk chair from Sarah Taylor Designs.
6. Lovely light brown with orange tones in this sling chair from Little Blue Deer
7. Dark brown butterfly chair via Number Nineteen.
8. I love this long, simple leather sofa with it's squared arms and modern silhouette. From Denmark's Femina
Images: As credited above.