Like what a great pair of leather shoes or a gorgeous motorcycle jacket can do for an outfit, leather accents can add polished sophistication to a room. Striking leather pieces -- from woven pillows, vintage suitcases and steamer trunks, frames, chairs, and useful containers of all sorts -- pair well with softer materials, adding quite the visual impact to a room's decor.Stroll through any Restoration Hardware nowadays, and you'll find a plethora of leather goods, from vintage-looking playing balls to aviator chairs. I also enjoy checking out Etsy, ABC Carpet & Home, and the MoMA Design Store. Here's a roundup of leather options -- from a grand leather headboard to a small kangaroo-shaped desk organizer.
1. A striking bedroom design by Jarlath Mellett; found via Lonnymag.com.
2. Leather poufs in a room designed by Kelly Wearstler; found via Apartment Therapy.
3. A gorgeous leather storage tote by Gildem on Etsy.
4. CB2's Triumph Lounge Chair, which comes in red and ivory.
5. Vintage Leather Boxing Ball from Restoration Hardware.
6. A fantastic DIY leather stool project at Design*Sponge.
7. MoMA Design Store's leather Kangaroo Desk Organizer designed by Vacavaliente Design Team.
8. ABC Carpet & Home's Tibetan leather-covered box.
9. Faux works too! Faux leather file box from Neiman Marcus.
10. System 1-2-3 Lounge Chair designed by Verner Panton, available at DWR.com.
Images: As linked above.