Every time I think I should start adding more color to my home, I stumble across pictures of gorgeous cream or white rooms and fall back in love with neutrals. Lately, I keep spotting rooms with brown leather chairs and white walls, a look that's sophisticated, mellow, and classic.
While neutral rooms can run the risk of looking uninspired or boring, they also allow accent pieces like these leather chairs to stand out. It's an especially good choice if you're renting and can't paint, since it looks sophisticated and thought-out, rather than resigned.
1. Leather chairs by Charlotte Perriand warm a sparse but stunning dining room in Madrid.
2. An old-school armchair makes this entryway in southern Sweden especially inviting.
3. A college classic redone in leather looks worldly and fashionable in an all-white bedroom.
4. This cozy leather couch echoes the curves of the ceiling and looks like a family heirloom.
5. A pair of Sigurd Resell's 1971 "Falcon" chairs create a welcoming corner.