The benefits of LED lighting are well known. They last longer. They're more energy efficient. They're brighter. Even though LED bulbs have considerable advantages over traditional incandescent bulbs, it's still hard to find a well-designed desk lamp that uses LED technology. Most of these lights lack the warmth and character of traditional lamps. Instead, they often look eerily futuristic or dull. LED design might still be playing catch-up, but in the meantime, here are some good looking, energy efficient, alternatives to incandescent lamps.
Just a few reasons to switch to LED:
• LEDs produce more light per watt than incandescent bulbs.
• LEDs last a long time– twice as long as fluorescent bulbs and twenty times longer than incandescent bulbs.
• LEDs light up very quickly.
• LEDs generate very little heat.
• Unlike incandescent lamps that turn yellow when dimmed, LED lights do not change their color when the wattage is lowered.
• LED light is more focused and can be used to provide light to a specific area without the need of an external reflector (usually a shade).
• Design Public, Pablo Link Task Lamp, $380.
• Target, LED Desk Lamp Silvertone, $24.99.
• Unica Home, Lucesco, Sven Light by Sven Adolph, $475.
• Lamps Plus, Blink Glossy Black Adjustable LED Desk Lamp, $99.
• Shop Table Lamps, LED Banker's Chrome Finish Adjustable Desk Lamp, $129.99.
• Design Within Reach, Leaf Light, $379.
• Macy's, Tao Desk Lamp, Pendulum LED, $146.
• Shop Table Lamps, Antique Brass LED Piano Desk Lamp, $324.9.
• Lamps Plus, Lite Source Light Blue Flat Head LED Desk Lamp, $35.91.
• Unica Home, Mark McKenna– Bettylou Table Lamp, $199.