Most of these lights lack the warmth and character of traditional lamps. Instead, they often look eerily futuristic or dull. LED design might still be playing catch-up, but in the meantime, here are some good looking, energy efficient, alternatives to incandescent lamps.
Just a few reasons to switch to LED:
• LEDs produce more light per watt than incandescent bulbs.
• LEDs last a long time– twice as long as fluorescent bulbs and twenty times longer than incandescent bulbs.
• LEDs light up very quickly.
• LEDs generate very little heat.
• Unlike incandescent lamps that turn yellow when dimmed, LED lights do not change their color when the wattage is lowered.
• LED light is more focused and can be used to provide light to a specific area without the need of an external reflector (usually a shade).
• Design Public, Pablo Link Task Lamp, $380.
• Target, LED Desk Lamp Silvertone, $24.99.
• Unica Home, Lucesco, Sven Light by Sven Adolph, $475.
• Lamps Plus, Blink Glossy Black Adjustable LED Desk Lamp, $99.
• Shop Table Lamps, LED Banker's Chrome Finish Adjustable Desk Lamp, $129.99.
• Design Within Reach, Leaf Light, $379.
• Macy's, Tao Desk Lamp, Pendulum LED, $146.
• Shop Table Lamps, Antique Brass LED Piano Desk Lamp, $324.9.
• Lamps Plus, Lite Source Light Blue Flat Head LED Desk Lamp, $35.91.
• Unica Home, Mark McKenna– Bettylou Table Lamp, $199.