Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Rangiora New Zealand
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the all the original 1920s features in the room. We just uncovered the tiled hearth a couple of months ago when replacing the carpet, and even though it's not in perfect condition it was way too cool to cover up again. So many houses of this age were destroyed in the Christchurch earthquakes, I feel lucky that we can enjoy and preserve these features for future generations.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- To be honest, I'm not that tidy or organised, but having put so much effort into renovating the room makes me more motivated to keep it tidy. My partner Cory and I have done everything in this room ourselves, including reinstating the fireplace, making the curtains and our first attempt at wallpapering which I am incredibly proud of.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- The big comfortable chair in the corner is ideal for curling up in to read or just relax in. I make the most of the bedroom by having lots of things I love in it, like the leather case which was given to my grandfather before he went away to the war and the lamb vase on the shelf which belonged to my grandmother.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat