- Kingston Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Living in a small house is surprisingly satisfying. I like the challenge it creates to be more intentional about using our space (especially with a baby!) and coming up with clever solutions to maximize our floor real estate.Our house was built in the 1940s. Not only do I love our antique doorknobs, 8" moulding, wood floors, and wood panel kitchen ceiling - I also love the foyer, which lets in loads of daylight, and the recently updated bathroom.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Minimize. Eliminate non-essentials stuff; this will buy you more space AND make life much more simple for you.
2) Use your vertical empty space – shelves, hooks, and cabinets. Not only is this a clever use of space, but it also adds visual appeal.
3) Try to keep your house tidy. It's amazing how much space is freed up when you put things away and reduce the clutter created by mess. Your house will look and feel much bigger.
ATVideo of the Day