When setting up a home, people sometimes overlook things for themselves that might seem like essentials for others. This is especially true in the bedroom, the most personal space in the home but often the most overlooked. To create a supportive bedroom, it helps to look to hotels for a few lessons in hospitality...
When you stay in a hotel, there are usually a few essentials at the bedside table including an alarm clock and a reading lamp, but there are also nice extras like a water glass, carafe, and vase of flowers. The photos above show a few examples of ideas from hotels...
• 1 Add fresh flowers: Covent Garden Hotel
• 2 Use an adjustable reading lamp: 25 Hours Hotel
• 3 Extra storage space: Mark Hotel
• 4 A mirror is a nice touch: Tides South Beach by Kelly Wearstler
• 5 An alarm clock radio is a must-have: Olde Bell Inn