We're pretty sure we would have benefited more from taking an upholstery or welding class instead of Prob and Stats in High School, but that just wasn't in cards for us. Others thought the same and this sofa received an amazing modern transformation after taking a class to DIY your own upholstery making them set for this sofa and any their future might hold. Ready to see what it looks like now?
Being able to take something that needed a little love and give back to it by labor and love is a great thing. Susan Petersen over at Freshly Picked
did just that along with the help of a class that taught her everything she needed to know about doing the restoration work. She restructured the arms, changed the back to be a connected cushion, re-foamed the seat cushions and attached new legs.
The end result looks amazing and even more impressive is the knowledge learned from such a process. The most expensive part of the transformation was the class itself ($160/person), but now that part is under her belt, we're positive there will be more projects to come!
• See the full 18 hour time lapse video at Freshly Picked
• From Frame to Fabric: Making an Ottoman from Scratch, Week One
• From Frame to Fabric, Week Two
• From Frame to Fabric, Week Three
• From Frame to Fabric, Week Four
• An Upholstering Primer: Part 4 of 4 (first 3 parts listed within the post)
(Images: Susan Petersen)