It's getting warmer here in the Northeast, and I'm just itching to bury my toes in the sand. While I've yet to make my first beach trip of the season, I've found some summer art to make that feeling last all year. Here are some refreshing beach photos that are sure to make a splash.
1. Massimo Vitali started his Beach Series in 1995 as a response to political changes in Italy. His panoramas capture a sterilized slice of Italian normalcy, complete with all its "cosmetic fakery and conformism".
2. The proportion of sky to earth in Mina Teslaru's Lonely Skies print brings you into the Playa Del Carmen sun.
3. The soft colors and high-angle perspective of this Miami Beach scene seems a work in miniatures.
4. The warm sand and cool sea combine in this vintage-hued photo of Palos Verdes.
5. For something completely different: a black and white photo topped with colorful collage elements makes for fun modern art.
(Images: as credited above)