According to a rep from the Emily Post Institute it's no joke that so-called 'small nuissances' like stubble left in the sink or bathtub, a loose toothpaste cap and wet towels on the floor really can build up and lead to major quarrels between housemates and couples. Some simple rules of etiquette can allay those tensions, but sometimes even the tiny things get overlooked:
Here are some simple rules of etiquette that we're shocked to find a lot of people don't follow.
• Please light a match, or spray some air freshener.
• Replace the toothpaste cap.
• Don't use the razor if it isn't yours.
• Replace stuff you use that isn't yours.
• Clean up the toothpaste splatters on the mirror
• Grab the brush and clean up those skidmarks.
• Rinse the stubble down the drain.
• Change the roll.
• Clean up the errant spray.
• Take your underwear with you when you're done with the shower.
• If you don't want to get walked in on, lock the door.