It's a fact that's often overlooked, but the right lighting can make or break any space. And if I have my choice, I will always take natural light over artificial light. While you can't simply change the exposure your home receives, one (somewhat easy) solution for the entrance to your home, or anywhere else with a door, is to swap an existing door for one with a sizable window. This was my solution for the drab lighting in my entry and front room, and it's one renovation decision I've not once regretted.
1. Leila & Buff's Beautiful Abode, Apartment Therapy.
2. La Casa De Úrsula Mascaró, Pablo Zuloaga Photography for Elle Decor Espana.
4. Emma & Mike's Whimsical Home in Brooklyn, Apartment Therapy.
5. Kevin and Greg's Sugar Shack, Apartment Therapy.
6. Green Gambrel Entry, LDa Architecture & Interiors via Houzz.
7. Jessica & Scott's East Coast Nest, Apartment Therapy.
8. Before & After: Bungalow Renovation by naturehumaine, Contemporist via Apartment Therapy.
9. Dan & Sarah's Songbird Church House, Apartment Therapy.
10. Mark's Comfortable Contemporary House Tour, Apartment Therapy.