Lights with colorful cords have been popping up everywhere recently, and they always seem to look good. They're a bit laid-back, a bit unexpected, and a bit artistic. If you want one or two for your house, here are a few options, from lovely artisan-made lights to great DIY resources.
- The rainbow-hued cord on this vintage light turns it from workhorse to focal point. $525 at EarthSeaWarrior.
- The pretty cord kits from Form + Function come in 13 colors and with your choice of socket and hardware. $69 (usually $99).
- Black and white houndstooth? Zigzags? Mint green? Build your dream pendant light - or a cluster of them - with The Cord Company's wires, which are sold by the foot or in kits with sockets. $1.50 - $25.
- Wauw Design's gorgeous, delicately patterned porcelain lights are little works of art. Approx $260 each at RifRaf.
- Simple, elegant Globe lights from Plumo come with hot pink or black-and-white cords. $91.
(Images: As linked above.)