Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Pittsburgh, PA
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love that I'm the first person to utilize this small forgotten space since this home was built in 1884. I adore feeling like I'm sleeping in John Malkovich's 7 1/2 floor. Even though I'm just a renter, I completely designed, insulated, and remodeled this not-tall-enough-to-stand-in space myself (along with the help of a friend).
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- Remembering that a bedroom is a space for rest and rejuvenation. Make it purposefully simple.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- I intentionally make the least of my bedroom. Before renovating this tiny attic, my 300 sq ft apartment only had three rooms: kitchen, bath, and bedroom. I did everything in my bed -- updating clients' websites, eating crumbly movie snacks, reading, replying to emails, watching Arrested Development episodes for the hundredth time. My brain forgot how to shut off because it didn't see my bed as a place for sleep but a place for anything and everything to worry about. After four years with insomnia, I renovated my half-height attic room and now sleep better than I have for years.
See all entries
More posts in this series
My Bedroom Retreat