- Nashville, TN
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I found the green patterned side chair several years ago, and it lived in the living room in my former apartment. But, when I moved into this home, I realized it would fit best in the dining room, and it became the cornerstone for the entire palette. I have always loved the interplay between greens and purples, so that was the most natural combination.
- Colors used in my room:
- The walls are Lowe's Valspar "Homestead Parlor Sage." The trim is Benjamin Moore's "Snow White," and I hand painted the china cabinet in midnight purple.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Don't use color just for the sake of using color. If a color doesn't speak to you, or strike a certain chord with you, then it isn't right for you. You should be madly in love with the colors you choose; after all, you have to live in them every single day.
- Southern Sage
More posts in Room for Color 2012
ATVideo of the Day