This project is open to people of all ages, students, lawyers, professional craft boat designers, “totally unartistic people," bass-guitarists, wizards, cat-people, anyone who likes to have fun!
Here’s what you gotta do:(Images: www.booooooom.com)
- Gather some pieces of driftwood, twigs, leaves, berries, dandelions, pine cones, feathers, pretty much anything that can be considered “natural.” (No plastic, metal, or paper, etc.)
- Build a little boat using only these natural materials!
- [If you're in Vancouver] bring your boat and a camera to Trout Lake Park next Saturday, at 1 p.m. We’ll gather near the large dock at the north end of the lake off East 14th Ave near Victoria Dr.
- Stick your boat in the water, give it a little push and snap a photo of it. We want photos of your creation floating in water!
- Leave your boat in the water and go introduce yourself to other people who have also made boats. You might even choose to bring a picnic and make an afternoon of it.
- E-mail your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Little Drifters” in the subject line. Look for it to appear in the Arts & Life section of The Vancouver Sun newspaper and of course there will be a gallery here!
- We will award a prize for the best Little Drifter photo submitted!