1) Unpack everything. Even though you may have been living in your rental for a year or longer, you could have a few boxes still unopened. Commit to your space now and unpack all of your things.
2) Hang up your artwork. Like we just mentioned, commit to your home and hang up your favorite creative pieces. This artwork inspires you!! Why keep it hidden in a closet? Enjoy it - now!
3) Paint. If you really want to add that favorite color to your walls then do it. Painting is an affordable way to transform a space and your favorite color appearing on the walls in your right now home will make you feel great!
4) Buy that insanely expensive investment piece. If you love a piece and know you'll have it forever, buy that investment piece now instead of waiting for your dream home to arrive in the future.
5) Share your right now home with your friends and entertain! You'll always have on-going home projects and things you'd want to change in your right now house but you can still have that feeling in your dream house. A home (even a dream one) is always evolving because you are!! Invite your favorite people over and have some fun!
Check out more inspiration from Apartment Therapy:
(Image from AT House Tour Matt's Eclectic Luxury)