Decorating a kid's room opens up all sorts of possibilities — it's an excuse to try a bold color, a brave texture, or a whimsical accessory all in the name of childhood! Get inspired with these fifteen cheerful children's rooms, all with different daring elements of fun.
1. Polka dots, a starry ceiling, and bold fabrics — this room designed by Jamie Mears is fanciful with a mature edge. (Lonny Mag)
2. A grass-like rug and original art are fun additions to a kid's room. (Stern McCafferty via Houzz)
3. Let them scribble their own art with wall-to-wall chalkboard paint. (Canadian House and Home)
4. Add a dash of bright red to a sweet pastel room. (Apartment Therapy)
5. Twin beds flank some mismatched art and a book-laden nightstand. (Lonny Mag)
6. Kids can feel like they're sleeping among the birds and wildlife with this beautiful tree mural. (Emily Henson)
7. Make a child's room an escape with a colorful mural they can get lost in. (Habitat Kid)
8. The painted tree adds a dose of the unexpected to this neat and orderly room.