Fall is here - time to bring your flowers, plants and gardens inside! Why not add a touch of color and flair to your container pots to enjoy throughout the winter? We've partnered with the ScotchBlue™ Brand Team to share one dramatic design option; but when it comes to painting pots, the design possibilities are endless.
Below the jump is a simple guide for a fun weekend project that will bring color and visual interest to your indoor garden. All you need is ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape, paint colors of your choice, and a few supplies you probably already have at home. Just follow these simple steps to create this fun design.
- 1 - clean, dry clay pot (any size)
- 1 - roll of ">¾" 3M ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape #2090 Original Multi-Surface
- 3 - jars of paint (any colors)
- 1 - jar of glaze (any color)
- 1 - roll of paper towels
- paint brushes for each color
- newspaper or dropcloth
- Prepare your work area with newspaper or dropcloth.
- For each pot, apply strips of tape diagonally along the walls of the pot as to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Press tape edges firmly, so they contour to the pot.
- Apply a different color of paint to each taped off shape.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Pull off the tape.
- Apply the glaze all around the pot using a paper towel.
Experiment with the design on your pot: we've offered a diagonal pattern design option, but the possibilities are endless!
Before you get started, you may want to check out some of these posts for some indoor garden inspiration. Think about the flowers, plants or herbs you may want to plant in your pot and choose complementary colors for your painting project!
- Fall Container Garden Inspiration: get inspired by these beautiful fall shades of red, deep purple, and green.
- Mail-Order Seed Companies: if you're starting a new indoor garden, learn about these small companies with unique and beautiful vegetable, herb, and flower varieties.
- One-Pot Herb Gardens: If you're not sure what you want to plant, try an herb garden! It's a great way to enjoy fresh herbs all winter long.
Looking for more fun DIY ideas? Head to these articles for more ways to use ScotchBlue™ Brand Painter's Tape: