The idea of a living roof has always sounded appealing to me. I love the beauty plants bring to any space yet a living garden on top of my house didn't seem practical. The slope of my roof and the climate I live in make it a challenge to support greenery. So when I came across a few photos and tips of easy ways to create a living roof I wanted to share...
• A great starting point for an elevated garden is to pick a smaller surface to plant on. Planting a garden on your tool or potting shed is often much easier for upkeep.
• Houselooks.net has a few helpful hints on how to install your plants.
• Shift Space Design also makes a simple solution to living roofs. Try out their metal roof tiles. They simply click together to equal the size you need. The 18" by 18" square tiles make planting a breeze!
MORE GREEN ROOFS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Water Not Required: Green Roof Blocks
• How to Shop for a Green Roof
• PlantTherapy: Practical Talk on Green Roofs
Images: 1. Stylish Home Products 2. Shift Space Design 3. House Looks 4. Royal Horticultural Society