One of our eternally popular topics here at Apartment Therapy is budget living: how to decorate frugally, save money on renovations, DIY, source a steal and so on. We created some great posts on the subject in 2012, and the reaction from our readers proves that saving money is always in style. Here's the best of the best.
Tips, Tricks & Discussions:
1. How to Have an Adult Apartment on a Budget
2. Case Studies of Real Life Upholstery Jobs: What Do People Really Pay?
3. Get Smart: Real Life Advice for Collection & Investing in Art on a Budget
4. 5 Places to Skimp on Your Bathroom Reno
5. Styling Tricks to Save Time & Money
Sources & Budget Finds:
6. Top Ten Sources for a Bed on a Budget
7. Budget Basics: Simple White Dinnerware
8. Bargain Lovers Special: Budget Sources for Rugs, Furniture, Bedding & More
9. 10 Outdoor Finds: Under $10
10. Affordable Essentials for Your First Living Room
DIYs, Ideas & Thrifty Projects:
11. Reuse & Recycle: 10 DIY Pendant Lights
12. 5 Ways to Make Better DIY Curtains
13. Affordable Decor: Smart Ways to Use Wallpaper in Small Doses
14. Get Smart: Household Repairs You Can Learn to do Online
15. Starting a Garden Without Spending a Ton of Green
House Tour Inspiration:
16. The Binghams' Budget & Design Friendly Family Home
17. Aya & Trevor's Sophisticated Contemporary Condo
18. Shane, Andrew & Family's Eclectic 100-Year-Old Home
19. Charmaine & Mark's Lovely, Lively Family Home
20. Julie's Artful Home in D.C.
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)