LivingHomes recently launched its latest prefabrication called the C6: a 1,200 square foot home with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Designed as part of a new partnership with Make It Right, a nonprofit founded by Brad Pitt and Cradle to Cradle's William McDonough, the C6 is available in most states for $179,000 ($145/sf); it can be fully constructed in less than two months and installed on-site in one day. According to Steve Glenn, CEO of Living Homes:
The C6 is not only our lowest cost LivingHome - it's half the cost of current models - but it's also the first to achieve our most important Z6 Environmental Goals, and, we believe it's the first production home to feature Cradle to Cradle® inspired materials and a LEED Platinum level environmental program. It's also the easiest and fastest LivingHome to build.
Environmental features include:
• Zero Energy: Energy efficient lighting and appliances, smart heating/AC control system to reduce power usage, photovoltaics for more than 100% of power needs.
• Zero Carbon/Waste: Recycled materials & Cradle to Cradle inspired materials. Carbon off-set included in purchase price to counter energy used to create the home.
• Zero Water: Low flow water fixtures. Grey water ready system.
• Zero Emissions: No VOC paint. Formaldehyde-free millwork.
• Zero Ignorance: Real time feedback on energy usage.
Find It: LivingHomes C6
MORE PREFABS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Best Affordable Small & Prefab Homes 2011
• Backyard Offices: 8 Modern Prefab Sheds
• Kekkilä Garden: Prefab Garden Shed Turned Backyard Retreat Anthology