- Melissa and Stephen's Preserved Spanish Revival: Celeste profiled some great West Coast homes this year. This California beauty had me at wisteria-covered poolside patio.
- Samantha and Ron's Tranquil Oasis: An Asian flair and a two-story atrium for towering palm trees – yes, please! Therese’s tours have given me a new appreciation for Wisconsin style.
- Lori's Peaceful Quaker Cloister: This New York farmhouse has a great history. Also, I adore the rustic wood and plant-filled bathroom.
- A Healthy Plant is a Happy Plant: Cleaning Tips for Plants: It had never occurred to me that houseplants need showers too – after all, they’re missing the rain. I gave a particularly dusty tree a good rinse, and its been happy as a clam ever since.
- DIY Vertical Succulent Garden Panels by Flora Grubb: Living wall art, made from succulents. This is at the top of my wish list for 2011.
- How to Make Modern Cement Planters Using Packaging: A cool how-to on making cement planters.
- How To Clean Your Bathtub With A Grapefruit & Salt: My husband has always sworn by scrubbing with citrus. Sarah Rae shows there might be something to it!
- How to Clone Your Herbs: A simple way to keep my herb garden going all winter long. Thanks to this post, I’ve got basil sprouting happily on my windowsill.
- Small Space Alert! 4 People and a Dog in 180 Square Feet: Ok, I know this is originally an Apartment Therapy post, but I am totally smitten by this tiny cabin, and the family’s account of what they learned about construction – and themselves – as they built it.
- Nick and Rachel's Creative Warehouse Loft: Shooting this loft dispelled some of my misconceptions about what it takes to live “green” in New York City - owning your own place, hiring designers and dropping serious cash. Instead, this talented young couple created a beautiful home with just a flair for design and an eye for turning found objects into works of art.
* * *
Welcome to Re-Nest's end-of-year roundup!
We're making our way through 2010 and rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts. Also on deck during this time: the Re-Nest editors get personal in our "Meet the Team" series, a special group of guest bloggers share their green resolutions, and we go big with Green City Guides, from Montreal to Madison.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)