Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Waukee, IA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I was inspired by a shoe! Specifically the Manolo Blahnik "Something Blue" satin pump. I was instantly in love with the intense and gorgeous color and deemed my office accents "Manolo blue".
- Colors used in my room
- Cobalt blue, light grey, white.
- Tips for using color successfully
- Paint chips are my best friend! I grab a swatch of every color I plan to use in a room's palette - even if I'm not going to be using it as a paint color. As we finish our basement, I've collected chips of our wall and trim colors, but also the color of our leather couch, and the accent colors I want to use. I lay all the chips out on a table and overlap them to show how much of each will show proportionally in the room (i.e. a little of the hot pink shows to represent an accent pillow, but a lot of the neutral grey - walls) to be sure I"m going to love the final color scheme before I begin.
- Manolo Blue
See all entries