- Austin, TX
- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the natural materials used in this bedroom because they have a very calming effect. I've collected shells or rocks from almost every trip I've taken, and these are displayed around the room. Also, the organic linens, silk throw, and botanical motif on many of the textiles make it a very soothing place to relax.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?:
- I definitely think it's important to surround yourself with things you love because that's the last thing you'll see when you go to sleep, and the first thing you'll see when you wake up. Also, I absolutely cannot fall asleep unless the bed has been made and the room has been straightened every day. The less clutter laying around, the more relaxed I feel.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?:
- My bedroom is also my part-time office. I wrote the majority of my book, Design District, in bed, evenings and weekends with my faithful dog laying at my feet. I have a hard time working on creative pursuits if I'm not relaxed, so for me, this was the ideal place to curl up with my laptop and work on the novel I've always wanted to write.
More posts in My Bedroom Retreat
ATVideo of the Day