The ability to listen to music on the go is awesome. Music makes picnics, bbq's, swimming and well, just about everything more enjoyable. The trick is, getting your hands on a reliable and trusty portable speaker. Lucky for us, there happens to be plenty on the market today and we've found 4 of our favorites.
• iMaingo2, $39.99: Protects and fits all iPods and iPhones (except Shuffle, obviously). Control your device without removing it from the case, which is a really great and important feature. Battery life of up to 30 hours from three AAA batteries. To operate, just unzip, hook up your iPod, zip it back up and listen away.
• Jambox, $199.99: Offered in four different colors; Black Diamond, Red Dot, Grey Hex and Blue Wave. Releases sound at 85 dB from such a small speaker. Plug it in to your computer to continuously receive software updates, download apps and access latest features. This portable speaker gets smarter with time.
• SoundDock Portable Digital Music System, $399.95: We've never met a Bose system we didn't like and this is no different. Plays indoors and out with the help of rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that provide up to eight hours of power per charge. Compatible with most iPod and iPhone models and comes with a built in handle for easy transport.
• Razer Ferox, $59.99: Marketed toward mobile gamers, these small portable speakers are meant to give you the same epic sound you get at home while out and about. Their circular shape differs from most forward facing speakers and is meant to deliver as much sound as possible. The price is pretty hard to beat too.
More Speakers On Unplggd
• USB Card Speaker
• DIY Smart Phone Speaker
• Super Portable Micro iPod Speaker Systems