- Cardiff By The Sea, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- This being my first time living without roommates and in a studio with a tiny kitchen, I was a little nervous signing the lease. I've since found that I absolutely love living small, and find the simplicity it necessitates carrying through to other aspects of my life as well. It's altered my lifestyle in the best way possible. My place has high ceilings and a lot of natural light, which keeps it from feeling like a claustrophobic box. I also have two white brick walls, a feature I've always wanted. That said, what I love most is the location -- just a short walk from the beach and right in the middle of our sleepy and friendly little beach town.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Add plants! Plants keep everything feeling fresh and (literally) bring life to the space.
2. Find pieces that are multi-functional. I have a bar cart I use as a tea and coffee station, but it's on wheels so I can drag it around to use as extra counter space.
3. Keep it light. Keeping everything white and light with pops of bright color has helped the space feel cleaner and larger.