We loved the solution Abby blogged about yesterday called the PetaPotty for pet owners living in small spaces who want to give their pets some taste of the outdoors. While that's a great day-to-day solution, we bet your pet would really benefit from a nice long romp in a dog park. Austin residents have twelve to choose from! More after the jump...
Your dog can roam leash-free, socialize and get all the exercise he needs at these twelve parks that have official leash-free dog areas (list taken from the Austin Park Foundation website):
- Town Lake - Auditorium Shores 920 W. Riverside Drive 78704
- Bull Creek District Park 6701 Lakewood Dr. 78731
- Turkey Creek at Emma Long 1600 City Park Rd. 78730
- Northeast District Park 5909 Crystalbrook Dr. 78724
- Norwood Estate Off-Leash Area 1009 Edgecliff Terrace 78704
- Red Bud Isle 3401 Redbud Trail 78703
- Onion Creek 7001 Onion Creek Dr. 78744
- Shoal Creek Greenbelt-Central 2631 Shoal Creek Blvd. 78705
- Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park 12138 N. Lamar Blvd. 78753
- West Austin Park 1317 W. 10th St. 78703
- Zilker Metropolitan Park 2100 Barton Springs Rd. 78746
Austin residents, tell us which dog parks are your favorite here in the city and let us know if we've left out any good ones!
[Photo credit: These photos are taken at the dog park on Auditorium Shores, but more photos from the different dog parks mentioned in this post can be found at Austin360.]