If you've taken any of our vacation advice this month, you might be well on your way to escaping on some wonderful getaway. You've probably considered everything—where you'll stay, what you'll do, where you'll eat and even what you'll wear. But we bet you haven't considered one thing that could put a damper on your trip, homesickness! We've got 5 items to take along to help curb any case of homesickness that might sneak up on you while you're away!
As implausible as homesickness may seem when you're planning for your vacation, bringing along a few affordable items can help calm the senses should a case creep up while you're away. These items might especially be valuable to the long-term solo world traveler!
- Travel Candles Although new and exotic smells can be invigorating, stave off missing home a bit by bringing your favorite smell along in a travel size.
- Digital Photo Frames Decided to go on vacation without the kids this year? Gaze at them as much as you want with a space saving digital photo frame.
- Your own alarm clock While travel-size alarm clocks come in all sorts of cute sizes and styles, wouldn't it be nicer to wake up at night and look at your own familiar glowing-in-the-dark numbers?
- Your own pillow and pillowcase Not only are some hotel pillows a bit suspicious, having the pillow that works for your head and neck and a pillowcase with familiar texture will help you get some serious rest while on vacation
- Your favorite snack This is really for people who either have a really unique favorite snack, or for those traveling to exotic locales. You might love trying local food for a few days, but you might start missing your old comfort foods too.
Have you ever gotten homesickness when on a vacation? What did you do? Tell us what you think and give us your favorite homesickness cures!