Welcome to Lisa N. from Phoenix, who has demonstrated that Arizonians also have vestigial niches in their homes (see AT:SF's growing collection of reader phone nooks after the jump). And they, too, are getting creative with them. As she explains,
I live in a small home built in 1941, which came with a very elaborate set of chimes for the doorbell, set in a large niche.
When something in the chiming mechanism broke, I took the opportunity to downsize my doorbell and use the chime niche for shelves.
Thanks Lisa N!
Phone Nook Posts
• Phone Nooks
• Great Phone Nook Idea: CD and DVD Storage!
• Top Ten: Odd Space Dilemmas
• Flickr Finds: Cinnamon Toast's Phone Nook
• Look!: Suzie & John's Phone Nook
• Look!: Adam's Phone Nook Frame
Flickr Finds: Gallery...with Phone Nook