A new year, a new bedroom. We started the DIY renovation of our new bedroom waaay back at the end of October, when we ripped up the icky carpet in our spare room and fixed up the hardwood floors underneath. Flash forward to January 2008 and we've finally put the finishing touches on our new room. Click below for more photos, sources, and links...
We started out with this plan, which changed quite a bit due to budget restraints and changing priorities. The things that we did keep from our original plan: Chocolate Froth paint by Behr, Reversible Voile Quilt from the Company Store, Pure Beech Jersey Set from Bed Bath & Beyond, and Osaka Boxes from CB2.
Our big splurge was a Queen Leggero Bed from Design Within Reach, which we got for a steep discount at their annual warehouse sale. We'd been dreaming of a new bed for a while, and were finally able to find a high-quality bed within our budget by buying through the warehouse sale.
A few DIY projects can be spotted throughout the bedroom. We painted the hand-me-down dresser (Innocence by Behr for the wood, and white RustOleum for the handles). The curtains were taken from another spot in our home. To extend them to floor length, I cut up an old tablecloth and sewed it onto the ends, stitching a lace band across the mid-section. I also made the pillow shams.
We'd been looking for one spot in our apartment to group our family photos. They ended up over the dresser in the bedroom. Photo frames were from Urban Outfitters last year.
The shelf over the bed gives us reading light and space for the alarm clock, since the bed takes up the whole alcove and we don't have room for bedside tables. The shelf setup is from IKEA: Basisk Wall Lamps, Bjarnum Shelf, and Montera Cord Covers.
It's small but cozy and it's working well for us. Now we just have to redo the living room...and the bathroom...and the home office.