Craftynest has been an incredible source of inspiration to us recently, and this is another excellent, excellent idea. One of the reasons we like it so much is that bamboo screens like this don't seem to last long at all, and the panels may be better suited for something else. Like this.
The mesh is the perfect size for hanging earrings, and the bars (with hooks) work great for scarves and belts. The one thing we'd be a little concerned about is that this wouldn't work for ladies with more delicate accessories; it really seems to look best with bold, chunky pieces.
Check out Craftynest's blog for detailed instructions.
• How To: Make Mirrors from Thrifted Plates
• Before & After: A Bulletin Board's Previous Life
• 5 Windows that Look Like Mirrors
• Roundup: Jewelry in the Bedroom and Bathroom
• Survey: Jewelry Displays as Home Decor