A spare room seems like the ideal place for themed décor. Your guests can enjoy the whimsy during their stay, and your own exposure to it is limited, so you won't get tired of it easily.
Here are some more details to go with the photos of Jess' labor of love:
• 1 An overview. This shot shows how important it is to keep a room like this organized.
• 2 Jess made the bedspread, quilting together fabrics that represent the "seas" in the movie.
• 3 Curtains are handmade too, from Ikea fabric.
• 4 Yet another DIY: a felt mobile with shapes from the movie themes.
• 5 Jess and her husband use this Ikea shelving unit to store their various media collections, along with their Yellow Submarine memorabilia.
• 6 Jess used a dremel tool to hand-carve these amazing little wooden submarines.
• 7 Wow, they have a LOT of Beatles stuff.
• 8 More memorabilia, and some vintage embroidery.
• 9 The windows of this cabinet are used as frames for the couple's Yellow Submarine trading card collection.
• 10 A fun vignette with a Yellow Submarine lava lamp as its focal point.
Read Jess' own words about her themed room on Craftster.
Thanks for sharing, Jess!