Tinyhousefriend posted this 3D animation of his model for a miniscule home that mostly resembles a entry guard building: A concept for a tiny house I hope to build this year (2009). This model doesn't show all the details but the plans include everything needed for a house, kitchen, toilet, bed, shower, storage, etc... all contained in a nine square foot house.
Looking at this concept, we prefer the best of our own small homes we've already rounded up, starting from 160 sq. ft. up to a palatial 400 sq. ft. Or how about the Japanese Next Generation House, which is real example of small space living and not just a conceptual model?
Not convinced? Here are Maxwell's top ten reasons to live small:
- Everything is at your fingertips.
- They're cozier.
- They clean up faster.
- They allow you to live with less of everything - simplicity & economy.
- A small space allows you to experiment more with different design ideas.
- They get you outside more.
- They put you more in touch with your neighbors/community.
- They are cheaper. They put more money back into your life.
- Small spaces require more imagination (large spaces are for those with no imagination).
- Small spaces create momentum. They force one to make decisions, at home as well as in life