Growing up with popcorn ceilings, I've learned to love a little bit of color above my head. It's a small way to add a little something special to a space for not a lot of effort. Although painting a ceiling sounds like it would be daunting — it's really not! Here's 5 spaces to help you decide if it's the right look for you!
• Josh & Sarah's Retro Somerville Condo: In this home the owners made the most of a small space and slanted ceiling on the top floor. They go bright and bold with color (not once but twice) and it's worth a look if you're wanting "color" color instead of a pastel, black or white hue.
• Sasha & Meagan's Crazily Creative Seattle Studio & Home: This space has a wood plank ceiling and the slightly darker feel makes the space (which is full of windows) feel a little more cozy and warm.
• Kassandra & Jon's Vintage Live-Work Home: Although one might think that having dark walls and a dark ceiling would be like living in The Bat Cave, in this case, it's anything but. Their light and bright accents make the space sing and it looks like the best place ever for a nice long nap or book reading marathon.
• Chris & Heather's Happy, Hippy Haven: The color in this kitchen makes the gold in the tiles on the wall stand out (as if they'd fade into the background) and makes the look of this space feel complete from top to bottom, like being in a big happy bubble.
• Kirsten's Homework Assignment: This space lends itself naturally to having a painted ceiling without a break between the wall and what's on top. Instead of breaking things up, the same shade was painted all the way up. It feels like one of those bright, yet overcast days you occasionally get.
Do you have color on your ceiling? Is it a look you still love or wish everyone would just stick with white already? Let us know in the comments below!