ATDC reader Leigh wrote in to share the results of the bathroom reno we first highlighted here. We love the look of the finished room, and really appreciate the follow up email. Want to see more of this wonderful renovation? Continue below the jump...
Unfortunately, due to the fact that this is our only full bath, we decided to go with a tub for resale value (and also, it ended up being a lot cheaper). The contractor left last Friday, and we spent all weekend caulking, painting, sealing grout, and adding all the finishing touches. I wanted to share the final result (more pictures of the room at Baltimore Rowhouse.
We gutted and completely redid our bathroom for less than $8k. We got great deals on materials:
- vanity, mirrors, sinks, faucets, shelves bought in a package off eBay for around $1,500
- vanity lights bought on clearance at Restoration Hardware
- subway tile bought off Craigslist (high quality Daltile leftover from a large project). We even have tons more leftover.
- dual flush Toto toilet was expensive, but we shopped around and got the best deal from a local distributor
- slate tile floor purchased from Home Depot
- Kohler tub purchased from Home Depot with a coupon. In addition, they messed up and ordered the wrong tub, so we got another 10% off.
- used Service Magic to get bids from contractors and went with the guy we liked the most who ended up also being the cheapest. We bid it as labor only, we supplied all the materials.
- wall paint is Behr Breaker (very light blue/grey)
Just wanted to share some of our tips, as we have used Apartment Therapy as a resource many times during our renovation. Thank you!
Thank you Leigh for sharing your beautiful new space!