- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- It's less than a year since I pounded the pavement in search of my first home. My humble small abode feels like a true 'lived in' home. It has a lot of charm, the building was built in 1923. Thanks to a southerly exposure warm sunlight streams through the whole apt. Another bonus feature is that I enter on the ground floor, however, my view is equivalent to 5 stories up (the back of the building is on a bluff). It's full of pieces that I have collected from friends and travels over the years.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- Attractive storage: I needed to cover a big ugly radiator smack in the middle of my living-room under the window. A talented friend custom designed and made (I helped paint) the built-in shelving unit, radiator cover and library/floating desk. It makes an L shape covering 2 whole walls. I did it on a tight budget. It was the biggest investment to date.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- My bathroom needs a new sink unit, it's a poor design, water splashes and leaks every-time I use it. I would also love a new bed. The headboard I bought on-line inexpensively, hoping one day to save up enough for for a comfy queen that I can finally attach it to.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day