I've been noticing a trend lately in fashion, happening even in my city of Austin: wear as many bright colors at once — the more the merrier. It's certainly a bold and fresh look for the upcoming summer season, and one in which I've noticed migrating into interiors.
Local Austin magazine Tribeza did a great fashion spread that perfectly encapsulates what I'm talking about. It just seems like everything, from clothing, to furniture, to home accessories is all about color, color and more color right now. Bright bold hues mixing with neons melding together in the same piece in all kinds of patterns. Lots of DIY project potential. Not quite a rainbow trend, and a little less subdued than color blocking, it's a little hard to put into words exactly what I mean, but I know when I see it. Here are ten ways I've seen this new all colors, all-the-time trend:
1) The Happiness Abstract Art Giclee Print $35
2) Urban Outfitter's Spectrum Pendant Shade $69
3) Color in Stripes Fabric $8.50
4) Aesthetic Outburst's Tiny Painted Wood Blocks (a great DIY idea!)
5) Boldly colored shelves spotted on Brabourne Farm
6) DIY Painted Rocking Chairs
7) The Kiss Giclee Art Print $35
8) Katie's Hillside Bungalow
9) World Market's Maru Round Paper Lantern $7
10) CB2's Paint Palette Pillow $35
How many colors is too many colors to have in one space at once? Have you been trying to fit as many colors as possible into your home or wardrobe this season? Have you spotted this same trend where you live? Let us know!
Images: Tribeza photo Jamie Luca; Spectrum Pendant Shade first spotted on My Adventure is Your Advantage; Rainbow rocking chairs by Gabrielle Blair of Design Mom and Katie from Katie's Hillside Bungalow