There are many passive amplifiers/speakers available on Etsy, but more often than not, the paltry built-in speakers of your smartphone or tablet aren't powerful enough to share your music effectively with other people. These handmade solutions offer some interesting options for those who can't go without powered speakers.
1. Reclaimed Wood Docking Station: This wooden dock was lovingly handcrafted from reclaimed wood. It's rechargeable and comes with a remote, so it can be useful in a number of different settings.
2. Vintage Radio Docking Station: This dock was created from a 1941 Montgomery Ward Airline Super Heterodyne Portable Radio. The innards were replaced with a modern speaker and amplifier. The outside of the radio was left almost intact, adding a distinctive look to any workplace.
3. Ward Walnut 52 Dock: This throwback radio and dock combination is made out of walnut. It packs a lot of style for a desktop radio, and you can plug in your music player when you get tired of the commercials.
4. Candy, The Instrument Cluster Dock: Candy is made from the instrument cluster of a 1966 Chevrolet Corvair, and it's perfect for any car lover. This unique speaker has a lot of retro appeal.
5. Rock n Wood: This iOS speaker might look like it's a passive amplifier, but it isn't, and it comes with a remote as well as a rechargeable battery. You won't get hi-fi sound quality out of this dock, but it's mobile so you can move it to places without any power plugs.
MORE AUDIO ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Ways to Wrangle Your Earbud Cords
• Best Premium Over The Ear Headphones
• Passive Speakers for Non-Powered Needs
(Images: Etsy store owners Dockartisan, Relectronics, WardElectric)