For me the most exciting technologies on the horizon aren't necessarily the most obvious or sexy. Smart home technologies are often eclipsed by tech like giant $35,000 ultra-high displays, but it may be devices like the Lumawake that may actually improve our lives in small incremental ways throughout the day. See what I mean below the jump, where a video explains it all...
• Ease of Use - Lights up as you approach so you never have to fumble for the charger in the dark. One handed docking, works with any generation iPhone or iPod Touch and with nearly every protective case.
• Tracking & Reporting - Monitors and reports sleep patterns daily, allowing you to optimize your daily schedule to improve restorative sleep.
• Simulated Sunrise - Gradually illuminates prior to the wake event increasing energy hormones and prepares the body to wake naturally.
• Smart Wake - Using motion sensors and a complex algorithm, Lumawake wakes you at the optimal time in your sleep cycle, leaving you feeling refreshed and energized.
• Non-Contact - Lumawake does not require you to leave your phone on the bed or wear headbands or wristbands.
• Smart Home Connectivity - Seamlessly integrated with third-party home automation systems like Belkin's WeMo and SmartThings to do things like automatically turn the lights and television off after you've fallen asleep, then open blinds and brew coffee the moment you wake up.
• Fully Customizable - With the free app, you can easily create custom notifications using the LEDs and you can change settings and/or turn off any features you wish.
• Open API - Developers can create apps and use-cases that utilize Lumawake hardware.
Submit a Story
Got a tip, home tour, or other story our readers should see?