Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
When we found out Lupe was coming, we decided to turn the room I used as my home office into a nursery. I'm an industrial designer and love making some things myself, and I'm also a big fan of grey and thought that it would be a nice neutral to balance all of the colors that the toys bring to the room.
So we set out to make a nice room for our little girl that wasn't too girly and without spending too much on furniture that she would outgrow in a couple of years, hence the thrifted crib.The dresser and grey chair were the big buys. We looked for stuff that we could use in our other rooms if she outgrows them or just wants to change them.
- Crib: thrifted and painted white.
- Dresser: Laboratorio de Objetos (semi-thrifted. we painted the inside of the drawers)
- Grey Chair: from local designers Good Wood
- Rug: Urban Outfitters
- Wooden house: local shop Enamoradadelmuro
- Knitted pouf: local shop Cosa Bonita
- Amsterdam artwork: El Mercadito Azul
- For Like Ever Poster: Super Rural
- Space artwork: Hola Mimi
- Collage art: Yo soy Vale
- Neon pink bird, cat and blue bear dolls: local artist Maminas
- Wooden bear face: local artist Marina Haller
- Toy paper bins: Krethaus
- Things I made (some with help from friends):
Most of the dolls giraffe, horse, etc.
Crib pocket holder
Birds and clouds mobiles
Lupe door sign
Thanks, Marcela! You can see more of Marcela at her blog, Marcelina.