We've always loved the look of an upholstered bench used as a coffee table. When you have a party, it creates extra seating and a cozy conversation area, and it's a great spot to put up your feet in front of the fireplace. There are a couple of considerations when you go for the upholstered look...
... such as how to make your coffee table into a functional surface for drinks. Serving trays and C-tables are simple fixes that can really work with the luxury vibe of a tufted bench or ottoman. If you like the look, check out this post and this post for DIY coffee table upholstery ideas, or try this roundup for more sources.
• 1 Karla's low bench looks like a great hang out spot in front of the fireplace.
• 2 Michael and Walker's handsome leather ottoman brings texture to the room.
• 3 Summer and Josh's home is full of beautiful patterned fabric, coffee table included.
• 4 Yoshihiro's tufted bench can easily double as a coffee table or seating.
• 5 Heather's home has 2 coffee tables: one upholstered bench and one glossy box.