luxurious bathrooms from our house tours, luxury is obtainable. So, after we swooned, we took another look. Here are some ideas you can use in your "beyond hope" bathroom.
- Play with your walls: Whether it's wallpaper, stamp, or good ol' paint, punch up your walls.
- Add a piece of furniture: a small stool, an ottoman, a bench, a chest of drawers if you have the room.
- High quality towels and lots of them: We buy bath sheets and hand towels, which we use for company and for our hair. Stacks of them if you have the space -- a shelf above the door?, a basket of towels rolled up, hooks on the back of the door to hold them -- somehow, a plethora of good, fluffy, matching towels in a bathroom makes it feel opulent.
- Keep it clean, make it neat: here's the room where cleanliness really is next to godliness.
- Add a rug: Yes, it's probably time to invest in a new bathmat but that's not the kind of rug we're talking about. We mean a real rug.
- Candles: The good kind. And use them. Light them when you get home, take a bath or a shower by them. Somehow, a candle in the bathroom, even a flickering votive in a glass, makes your bathroom feel like something else.
- Plants or Flowers: Plants do wonderfully in the moist environment of a bathroom.
- A Way to Play Music: Because if you're gonna sing in the shower, you should have a band to back you up.
- Art: Nope, you don't want to put your prize Picasso lithograph in here but a framed photograph, a few art postcards, a collage would work just as well.
- A table lamp: Lighting in a rental bathroom can be the worst. After you change out your lightbulbs for something more flattering, consider adding a table lamp if you have the room. Somehow, it makes the room feel like a real room, and not just a utilitarian space.
- Frame your mirror: Consider adding a simple frame to a bathroom mirror using an actual frame, molding or paint one on with decorative paint.
[image: Living, etc.]