- San Francisco, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love that we're right by Fisherman's Wharf! Our apartment has everything we need, and the lack of space actually helps us keep tidy and not obsess over material things (that we know we wouldn't be able to store). The apartment itself has a great fireplace and an open layout that's perfect for cooking and hanging out with the hubby, all while watching our favorite shows. And we have two skylights! One over the kitchen and one in the bathroom.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- The biggest challenge was finding storage alternatives for all the items from our wedding registry and all of our summer clothes from our Miami move. We added some shelving space and used the space above the kitchen cabinets to store books and some other items. It turned out great, emphasizing the vertical space of our sloped, high ceiling.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- We've been really wanting to entertain more, but the lack of comfortable seating is always an issue. I think we regret having a clunky sleeper sofa in such a small space. If we were to win, we would donate the sofa we have and replace it with smaller scaled, more functional furniture. My husband and I have been married for a year and it's been great, but on Friday nights when we open a bottle of wine and grill up some artichokes, we really miss having our friends over!
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day