- United States
- What do you love about your bedroom?:
- I love the eastern and southern light. Have never had an apartment with great light, did not think I needed it, turns out I do! The eastern window next to the bed has a large fire escape that I have big plans for this spring/summer. For now it is host to many birds. It keeps my cat entertained in a relatively small apartment. I also appreciate the compact size, forcing only the essentials.
- What are your tips for creating a beautiful, healthy and organized bedroom?
- For me I need zero clutter, calm and charming but not overly done to ensure I actually fall asleep. I love the look of vintage cabin/cottage vacation rentals, you just know that whatever art is displayed there was not a whole lot of thought put into it. It was hung once and there it stayed, forever. Tried to capture a bit of that haphazard random simplicity.
- In modern homes, bedrooms have become more than just a place to sleep; they can be a retreat, a home office, a library, a relaxation zone. What are some ways you make the most of your bedroom?
- My bedroom is for sleeping and reading, lots of reading. The desk is a sewing table so it doubles as sewing project space. Computer is never in bedroom, it's a low tech quiet zone.
My Bedroom Retreat