Name: Lyra (6 weeks)
Location: St. Louis, MO
For Lyra's nursery, we wanted to create a serene, feminine environment that would grow with her. We decided on a theme based on one of my favorite children's books, Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden. Grandpa painted the flower wall mural and we did a subtle high gloss stripe accent on the opposite wall. The flowers are my favorite element and she loves to look at it while we rock to sleep. A lot of the elements are handmade, like the pillows and butterfly mobile, or hand-me-downs, like the mirror and trinkets, and we also included touches of woodland animals. The hardest part was editing down because the space is so small, but I think the simplicity adds to the peacefulness. We hope she loves it as much as we do!
- Wall Color: Behr's Monet Lily
- Rocker: Nurseryworks Bungalow (Ecru with Light Legs)
- Crib: Carter's Rogan Convertible
- Changing Table: IKEA Gulliver
- Side Table: Target Glass Accent Table
- Bedding: Land of Nod With A Flourish (Green)
- Girl & Rabbit Print: Etsy Seller "Trafalgarssquare"
- Pillows, Ottoman, Mobile, Name Banner: Hand-made
Lovely - thank you Claire!
(Images: reader Claire)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE