Recently, we've shared a range of design inspiration and resources for wallpaper. Today, I'd like to delve into the realm of metallic wallpaper. These prints have the power to add interest and dimension which can elevate your space to the next level.
Committing to wallpaper can be an intimidating decision. However, there are some great success stories derived from making bold moves in this department. The key is starting with something you love and building your space around that element. The metallics aren't for everyone, but they do make a statement. Why play it safe when there are endless numbers of awesome products available?
In some instances, rooms fully clad in wallpaper are absolutely stunning. That said, it's important to consider balance and contrast in any room incorporating some of the more vivid prints. Think of this paper as a mural on the wall and allow it to shine in otherwise simple environments. Use wallpaper to incorporate pattern, color and texture into your space, and have fun with it!
For those brave enough to attempt, wet your feet with these images. Are you ready to take the plunge?
1. Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan's Home via Chic & Posh
2. Firm Living - Wilderness Wallpaper in Gold
3. Hygge & West, Pattern Play - Underwater World Wallpaper in Blue
4. Jocelyn Warner - Leaf Metallic Wallpaper in Black/Gold
5. Metallic Walls via Dallas Shaw
6. Graham & Brown - Mode Darcy Wallpaper in Pearl
7. Hygge & West, Oh Joy! - A Stone's Throw Away Wallpaper in Gray/Copper
8. Graham & Brown, Contour - Spa Pastel Wallpaper in White
Images: As credited above.