The December 2009 issue will be the last for Metropolitan Home — Hachette Filipacchi Media announced earlier today that they will be focusing all of their energies on Elle Decor for the luxury shelter category.
UPDATE: According to Daily Finance, 13 Editorial Staff members, including Editor-In-Chief Donna Warner, were let go.
As the magazine industry continues to reel with the drop in ad revenue — we're left to wonder, who is next?
This particular closing is especially difficult as the small, core staff of Metropolitan Home has changed very little in the 36 years it has been around.
I'll update this post as more information is made available.
• HFMUS | Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S To Close Metropolitan Home Magazine
• MediaBistro | Hachette Shutters Metropolitan Home
• Daily Finance | Metropolitan Home magazine becomes latest recession victim
• Magazine Death Pool | Metropolitan Home and Connecticut Home & Garden: RIP November 2009
• Gawker | Metropolitan Home Folding